HARTFORD, Wis., February 8, 2012 – Ranging from energy-efficient bathroom fans to a space-saving ironing center, 16 innovative products from the Broan-NuTone® family of products are showcased throughout The New American Home 2012 (TNAH).
TNAH is constructed annually in conjunction with the International Builders’ Show (IBS), sponsored by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). As the NAHB’s show home, TNAH (pictured left; courtesy NAHB) features design trends and innovative construction techniques, products and materials that can be incorporated into any new or remodeled home.
The products in the 2012 dwelling were provided by members of The Leading Suppliers Council, which represents the leading manufacturers and suppliers to the construction industry. Broan-NuTone was an early council supporter and is a member of the “Fifty-Year IBS Exhibitors” club.
For the TNAH 2012, Broan-NuTone supplied the following:
- BROAN® Ultra Silent Fans™ (QTXE080) for the two powder rooms and the laundry room. These ENERGY STAR®qualified fans are nearly silent at 0.3 Sones and provide powerful ventilation at 80 CFM.
- NuTone® Humidity Sensing Recessed Fan/Lights (744FLNT), also ENERGY STAR qualified, are installed in the master bath shower and toilet area as well as in two additional bathrooms. These high-tech 70 CFM fan/lights, which inconspicuously blend into the ceiling, automatically turn ON when they sense excess humidity and automatically turn OFF when the humidity level returns to normal. They operate at 1.5 Sones and feature a California Title 24-compliant 14-watt light.
- A BROAN Ultra Silent™ Humidity Sensing Fan (QTXE110S) and a 6” Room to Room Fan (512) are installed in the studio bath. The Humidity Sensing Fan turns ON when it detects a rapid rise in humidity and shuts OFF automatically in 5 to 60 minutes when the humidity level returns to normal. The ultra-quiet fan operates at 0.7 Sones and 110 CFM. The Room to Room Fan is made of two grilles that can be painted to match any room’s décor.
- A BROAN ENERGY STAR qualified Ultra Silent™ Bath Fan (QTXE150) operates at 1.4 Sones in the studio/painting room. The 150 CFM fan features 6-inch ducting for superior performance.
- A BROAN High Capacity Ventilation Fan (L300) is installed in the garage to exhaust any unwanted air, smoke and heat.
- A NuTone 550-watt Central Vacuum System (VX550C), which was installed throughout the house for easy cleaning, has a HEPA filter and notifies users when bags are full.
- The NuTone Deluxe Ironing Center (AVD50N) in the master bedroom closet came with an unfinished birch door to allow for décor customization, a height-adjustable board and storage shelves for an iron and sprays, and can swivel 180 degrees.
- Two recessed stainless steel NuTone Medicine Cabinets (629SS) provide functional, decorative storage in the master bath. A Beveled mirror cabinet (72SS304D) is installed in the hall powder room and features premium float glass, four adjustable glass shelves and an interior mirror on the door for added light and functionality.
Designed and built by Phil Kean of Winter Park, Fla., TNAH 2012 is an interpretation of the Classic White Box popular in the 1960s and 1970s. The home is expected to achieve an Emerald rating under the green building certification process administered by the NAHB Research Center and based on the ICC 700-2008 National Green Building Standard™. Emerald is the highest of the four levels.
The 4,181-square-foot house has a two-bedroom floor plan to appeal to empty nesters and four additional rooms that could be converted to bedrooms if needed. The house, on an infill site close to downtown Winter Park, is within walking distance of shops, restaurants and a public library.
Tours and additional information about TNAH 2012 can be found at www.BuildersShow.com. For more information about any of the BROAN or NuTone products featured in the home, visit www.BROAN.com and www.NuTone.com.
BROAN® is a registered trademark of Broan-NuTone LLC, North America's leading manufacturer and distributor of residential ventilation products including range hoods, ventilation fans, heater/fan/light combination units, Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) Fresh Air Systems, built-in heaters, whole-house fans, attic ventilators and trash compactors. NuTone® is a registered trademark of Broan-NuTone LLC, North America's leading manufacturer and distributor of residential built-in convenience products including door chimes, central vacuum systems, ceiling fans, stereo intercom systems, home theater speakers, medicine cabinets, ironing centers and ventilation fans. Broan-NuTone is proud to be an ENERGY STAR® partner.
For more information about the full line of Broan-NuTone products, call 800-558-1711 (BROAN), 888-336-3948 (NuTone),
write Broan-NuTone, 926 W. State Street, Hartford, WI 53027 U.S.A. or visit www.BROAN.com or www.NuTone.com.