HARTFORD, Wis., February 4, 2014 – Continuing in the tradition of best-in-class ventilation products, the Broan-NuTone® offering of BROAN® and NuTone®ULTRA™ Fans and Fan/Lights includes 16 models with ULTRASense™ technology. These ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights provide humidity- or motion-sensing capabilities while featuring the fastest, easiest, most universal installation to save contractors time and help meet stringent green building and ventilation codes. Available in single- and multi-speed models (motion-sensing capability featured in multi-speed models only), ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights with ULTRASense operate at less than 0.3 Sones — the lowest sound rating possible — while operating or adjusting fan speed based on changes in humidity or motion.
“ULTRA Ventilation Fans and Fan/Lights with ULTRASense technology combine the features of the original ULTRA Series — easy installation, quiet operation and energy efficiency — with new, convenient humidity- or motion-sensing capability,” says Patrick Nielsen, marketing manager, ventilation fans, Broan-NuTone. “ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights help contractors save time on installation and meet green building requirements. They also provide long-lasting benefits to users, such as extremely quiet operation, unbelievable performance and, now, the ability to detect humidity or motion and either turn a single-speed fan ON or adjust the CFM level of a multi-speed fan.”
Major benefits of ULTRA Fans and Fan/Lights include the following:
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology:ULTRASense H (Fan/Light, pictured below right) detects a rapid rise in humidity to turn single-speed fans ON and multi-speed fans from LOW to HIGH. This means that they will react to shower humidity much faster than other fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached. Users can enjoy a humidity-free, comfortable environment much more quickly when taking a bath or shower. After a user-adjustable time delay, ULTRASense turns the fan OFF for single-speed fans and reduces the speed to the LOW continuous setting for multi-speed fans. ULTRASense offers an easily accessible humidity sensitivity adjustment to ensure a healthy, comfortable environment based on the user’s climate.
- ULTRASense™ M, Motion Sensing Technology (multi-speed only):ULTRASense M is equipped with a sensor that turns multi-speed fans to HIGH when someone walks into the room and reduces fan speed to LOW after a user-adjustable time delay.
“These new sensing capabilities will benefit homeowners who frequently forget to turn ON a bath fan before taking a shower — or OFF after taking one,” explains Nielsen. “By automatically
turning the fan ON or up to maximum speed after sensing a rise in humidity or movement,
ULTRASense can help prevent mold and mildew caused by excess moisture in a room. Likewise, automatically reducing fan speed to OFF or LOW, ULTRASense helps reduce wasteful energy costs.”
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology: ULTRA can be installed in minutes in retrofit applications from the room-side with its unique telescoping mounting frame, which can collapse together to fit through drywall openings and then expand once above the ceiling:
- Includes easy-to-insert snap-in housings (no screws required) and a snap-in blower
- Installs up to 60 percent faster in retrofits and up to 20 percent faster in new construction than comparable fans on the market
- ULTRAGreen™ Energy-Saving DC Motor: ULTRA offers extremely energy-efficient operation — well beyond ENERGY STAR® requirements — that in both single- and multi-speed configurations meets several green industry standards:
- ULTRASmart™ Control Technology: ULTRA maintains powerful operation over a wide range of real-world installations, often maintaining 0.1” pressure CFM ratings at well beyond 0.25”.
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology: ULTRA operates at an HVI certified, best-achievable less than 0.3 Sones for an extremely relaxing environment:
- State-of-the-art blower design optimally smoothes airflow
- QStream™ technology (4-inch models) features airflow smoothing baffles to reduce turbulence and associated noise
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology: To brightly illuminate rooms for most any task, ULTRA comes with two 18-watt ENERGY STAR qualified bulbs.
ULTRA Fans (non-sensing models and those without lights) are also offered with a radiation damper for multi-story applications. In addition to meeting tough industry performance requirements, these fans are designed to be serviced without disturbing the surrounding drywall.
For more information, visit www.BroanULTRA.com and www.NuToneULTRA.com.
# # #
BROAN® is a registered trademark of Broan-NuTone LLC, North America's leading manufacturer and distributor of residential ventilation products including range hoods, ventilation fans, heater/fan/light combination units, balanced ventilation systems (IAQ), built-in heaters, attic ventilators and trash compactors. NuTone® is a registered trademark of Broan-NuTone LLC, North America's leading manufacturer and distributor of residential built-in convenience products including door chimes, central vacuum systems, ceiling fans, intercom systems, ironing centers and ventilation fans. ULTRA™, ULTRAQuick™, ULTRAGreen™, ULTRASmart™, ULTRASilent™, ULTRALucent™ and ULTRASense™ are trademarks of Broan-NuTone LLC.
Broan-NuTone is proud to be an ENERGY STAR® partner.
Broan-NuTone LLC is a subsidiary of Nortek, Inc., a global, diversified company whose many market-leading brands deliver broad capabilities and a wide array of innovative, technology-driven products and solutions for lifestyle improvement at home and at work. Please visit www.nortekinc.com for more information.
For more information about the full line of Broan-NuTone products,
call 800-558-1711 (BROAN), 888-336-3948 (NuTone),
926 W. State Street, Hartford, WI 53027 U.S.A.