To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA™ Humidity Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, extremely quiet operation and multi-speed capability. Best of all, they have the ability to know when they should be in the “normal” continuous ventilation mode and when they should kick up to the high speed mode to evacuate shower humidity or odors.
- 110 CFM quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology, means no longer needing to remember to turn the fan on when you shower. Unlike other competitive fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached, ULTRASense H multi-speed fans react to a quick rise in humidity to increase fan speed and clear the mirrors faster
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial (adjustable from 5-60 minutes) is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||100 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.125"||N/A|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8" |
|Housing Height||7-5/8" |
|Housing Length||10-1/2" |
|Housing Width||11-3/8" |
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||2x8|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight||12.2 lbs|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||8.3|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
ZB110H is rated
Rated 5 out of
IT JUST WORKS...
High Humidity here in S FL, anyway, and this just comes on automatically, reducing the humidity to 55% in about 10 minutes in the bathroom. Fantastic. saves on the additional AC running.
Date published: 2014-07-22
Rated 1 out of
Save your money; better options exist
Sadly, after all the research I did on sensor fans, no one ever mentioned that this fan NEVER shuts off. What the sensor does is this: it kicks the fan into either high or low mode depending on the humidity level. IF there is no humidity, it runs at low speed so you have this constant hum in your bathroom (annoying -- not to mention, not economical or green) If you want a fan that actually turns on and off based on the humidity, this is not it. And, oh, by the way, it's almost $100 more than the Broan model that shuts off.
Date published: 2014-01-24
can I mount the ZB110H high on the wall in bathroom?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110H humidity sensing exhaust fan. The ZB110H is designed to be installed in a ceiling only. It cannot be installed in a wall. Please contact our Technical Service department at 800-637-1453 with further questions or assistance. .
Date published: 2013-10-23
Can this fan be installed in a slanted ceiling (vented directly through the roof)?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110H humidity sensing multi speed exhaust fan. The ZB110H is designed to be installed on a flat horizontal ceiling only. It is not designed to be installed on a sloped ceiling. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2016-04-14
With the ZB110H, could we use a 4-inch duct instead of a 6-inch duct. If yes, are there any drawbacks with using a 4-inch duct?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110H multi-speed, humidity sensing exhaust fan. The ZB110H requires the use of a six inch duct work. We do not recommend using four inch duct with this unit.
Date published: 2014-06-30
What are the recommended switch #s for the designed operation of the fan ZB110H
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110H multi-speed exhaust fan with humidity sensor. For independent operation of all functions you would need a total of three standard wall switches. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2015-01-05
User adjustable rate
It appears that the "User adjustable rate" for the one that occurs continuously whenever the master switch is on unless one does manual override via a switch or if the humidity sensor is on and humidity level is above the set level.
Also, I assume the toggle mode is to allow one to trigger a timed full speed mode without the need for a third switch which triggers a non-timed full "certified rate" airflow so one can temporarily increase the flow rate for the period as set by the delay time setting.
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110H motion sensing, two speed exhaust fan. You are correct.
Date published: 2013-10-23