BROAN ULTRA PRO™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 110 CFM reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 105 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- QStream™ Technology - State-of-the-art blower design with airflow-smoothing baffles optimally smoothes airflow and reduce turbulence so the wheel can turn more slowly and quietly with no airflow loss
- QFlow™ Technology - Duct connector damper flap is completely removed from airstream to reduce static pressure again, allowing the blower to turn more slowly and quietly, Damper also seals against perimeter surfaces when closed to prevent backdrafts
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
2014 Broan-NuTone ULTRA Pro Challenge Tour
Broan ULTRA™ Series -- Installation Challenge Video
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||Yes|
|Lighting Type||18W GU24|
|Minimum construction space required||2x8|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
RB110L is rated
Rated 5 out of
Very quiet and efficient
Since installing this fan ~1 month ago I have been very impressed. The fan is very quiet and pulls a lot of air/humidity out of the bathroom. Easy to install as well. I performed the install myself and it took my around 1 hour.
Date published: 2016-11-14
Rated 5 out of
QUIET!! large light, good suction
Very quiet. used in a reno - but had to cut out the drywall to install as it was larger than the one it was replacing. It has a nighlight - but no lamp included (I chose to use a LED blue night bulb) - Used a three way switch so I can turn on the fan, light, and nightlight independently. Very quiet with great suction.
Date published: 2016-03-31
Rated 4 out of
Super quiet but powerful fan
We bought this to replace our builder's-grade, loud master bathroom fan. The installation was rather easy, with a small exception--the wiring diagrams were a bit difficult to understand, but after two sets of eyes looking at them, we figured it out (minus one star for that challenge).
We have found a noticeable difference in the amount of steam the fan is able to remove from our bathroom and are so pleased with the purchase that we just bought a second one to install in our powder room.
Date published: 2015-01-20
how do I remove the fan/light to maintain it?
We have what looks like a BROAN 678, 679 and 680 Series installed in our bathroom. I cannot determine how to remove it to clean the unit or replace the light bulb, at least without my concern that I will break it off the mounts. See my picture showing that I can only move it about 1/4 inch on one side, with my hand, away from the ceiling. I have pulled, pushed, twisted, and nothing seems to work. Your video on cleaning such units is worthless (sorry) in this regard, since it proclaims that this is easy but it does not depict how to remove the unit from its mounts. Please advise.
Thank you for your question on the exhaust fan/lights. If you have a model 678, 679 or 680 (or almost any fan/light with a plastic lens), you can remove the light lens by placing a small flat blade screwdriver between the grille and lens, alongside the long side of the lens and gently pry it out of the grille. After removing the light bulb, you will see a nut in the top of the reflector. Remove that nut and the reflector/grille assembly should come down from the ceiling.
Date published: 2014-03-10
what is the difference between RB110L and RL110L? The specs seem identical except for the picture. Which one has more light output?
I need a fan-light combo for a remodel to install in a 1st floor bath of a 2 floor home and the bath had no previous exhaust fan. Since I am removing the existing single light in the bathroom to replace with the fan-light combo I want the highest light output as is possible from the combo. Could you suggest which of the two will give the better light output? Is there a lumen specification of the GU24 bulbs so I can compare with existing 75Watt incandescent bulb in the bathroom?
Also, can I replace the GU24 bulbs with same wattage but higher light output LED if I need more brightness? Do you know of any such existing LED bulbs?
Thank you for your question on the model RB110L and RL110L exhaust fan/light/night light. We do not have an RL110L in our data base, but there is an RN110L. The RB110L and RN110L are the same unit except for the branding. The “RB” is branded for Broan and the “RN” is branded for NuTone. There is no lumen specification on these units. The bulbs supplied with the unit are 18 watt, GU24 base bulbs and the color is 3500K. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2014-09-04
I have a Broan 678 both fan light come on with 1 switch
Can I replace with this unit ?
I would install a triple rocker at switch to operate fan light seperate
And night light
Would I need new wiring or not?
Thank you for your question on the model RB110L exhaust fan/light/night light. You can replace the 678 with the RB110L, but if you want independent operation of the fan, light and night light, you would need to install additional wiring along with two more switches. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2015-11-16
Need a light in the shower, so is this a light or a night light?
Thank you for your question on the Broan RB110L. The RB110L has a light and a night light. This unit is UL listed for use over bath tubs and showers when connected to a GFCI protected branch circuit. If you have further questions please contact Technical Support directly at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2017-10-12
Is the light dimable?
Thank you for your question on the Broan RB110L. No, the light bulb is not dimmable on the RB110L. If you have further questions please contact our Technical Support directly at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2017-04-11