Rated 4 out of 5 by 3
Rated 3 out of 5 by AndyM Durable, but many surfaces to clean
We have one of these units that we installed in 1986, so it definitely has been durable.
1. Many surfaces underneath the hood are hard to reach and to clean.
2. Noisy and vibration buzzing.
3. The heat-sensitive blower control often seems to start up randomly.
4. Spot welds on one side failed, but I repaired easily with stainless screws.
1. Dual blowers.
2. Filters can be cleaned in the dishwasher.
3. Easy to use controls with no goofy programming.
April 30, 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by Scotty54 Nice features
The blower on this model is adequate and the adjustable fan speed is a nice feature. It also has two light bulbs so our range is well lit. The filters are also easy to remove and clean. I would rate it a 7.5 on a scale of 1-10.
March 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Faline Great kitchen fan
This classic Broan fan works better than newer models. It has slide to change the fan speed which is easier to use than buttons. For most cooking, the lowest speed works just fine.
As you do not have to make the higher speed for most of the time, the noise is minimum. It has incandescent light bulbs in the front center and it can illuminate the cooktop well.
The incandescent or fluorescent bulbs are cooler than halogen, it does not add more heat to a cook. When installing it, you will need to install it 30" or lower above the cooktop to get the best result.
December 3, 2013