- Model 353SOBK is discontinued and replaced by Models 345GOBK or 345GOWW
All attic ventilators, powered or solar, vent hot air built up within the attic, but a solar unit offers additional benefits not possible with a powered product. Because a BROAN Solar PAV turns on at dawn, it goes to work immediately, first to eliminate the moisture that has built up from the cool overnight air, and second to prevent heat concentration before it has a chance to build up to the point of convection. Rugged, tempered glass withstands large hail and resists delaminating. You don’t need an electrician to install it and you save money on the electric bill because solar ventilators operate on solar energy alone! Plus, you can save even more with a 30% Federal Tax Credit on both the purchase price and installation costs of your Solar Powered Attic Ventilator.
Gable Mount Installations:
With a gable mount installation, the ventilator is installed in the side or gable of the attic. Because the gable may not face the sun, the product utilizes the same remote panel as found in the remote roof mounts. The panel is installed on the roof where it captures the sun’s energy and powers the fan via a 15’ wire. As with the remote mount fan, the homeowner can add up to 50’ of wire if necessary.
FAQ’s - Solar Powered Attic Ventilators
Solar products may qualify for a federal tax credit of 30% covering the cost of the product AND labor, find out more.
Federal tax form #5695
- 7-1/2” high profile, Flush Mount Design
- 20 watt, state-of-the-art solar panel circuitry captures sunlight even on overcast days. Totally weatherproof panels designed for optimum efficiency constructed of tempered glass to resist hail and extreme weather conditions
- Dome and Base molded with UV-stabilized ABC color-dyed plastic to prevent damage from sunlight and provide greater stability. Low profile, square design integrates well with shingles
- Hurricane rated to 140 mph winds and Florida Building Code certified
- Whisper-quiet, direct current, variable voltage, sealed ball bearing and hardened shaft motor with steel motor housing dynamically balanced for superior performance
- Specially designed one piece, 12” aluminum 5 blade fan pitched for maximum air flow. Operates quietly with no harmonic noise
- Heavy gauge, stainless steel bird and rodent screen with 1/8” openings provides maximum protection from insects and animals without impeding air flow
- 5 year limited defective parts and labor warranty