- Professional style that fits under any cabinet. True professional style and performance has never been easier to bring home with the E60000 range hoods, in 18" under-cabinet versions. Styling is fresh and modern, yet designed to easily complement popular pro-style cooking products. These models come with integrated internal blowers or dedicated external blower capability. Both embody professional features such as powerful blowers, baffle filters, brilliant halogen lighting and variable speed controls. And while you won’t see this feature it is hard to miss the quiet operation—two Sones or less at normal speed. To carry the professional theme even further, select the optional stainless steel backsplash with adjustable shelving. When you want professional style and performance, trust BROAN to cover every detail.
- 18" wall-mount design, Brushed stainless steel finish
- Dedicated models (E60E) in all widths for use with external blower options—choice of eight, from 280–1500 CFM (Blowers sold separately)
- Bright halogen lighting; Two 50-watt bulbs
(purchase bulbs separately)
- Pro-style, dishwasher-safe baffle filters with removable grease drip rail
- Variable speed control remembers last setting—blue power-on indicator light: Heat Sentry™ detects excessive heat and adjusts blower speed automatically
- Optional pro-style backsplash and decorative 12" soffit flue
- Designed to duct out of the hood shell in either horizontal or vertical direction with any blower configuration. (Blower sold separately)
- Compatible with Broan Automatic Make-Up Air Dampers - MD6T (6” duct), MD8T (8” duct), MD10T (10” duct)
Cleaning a Range Hood Filter – Danny Lipford
Proper Use of a Range Hood- Danny Lipford
How to Ventilate the Whole House
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts
How do I determine the size of the range hood I need? - Danny Lipford
Is there any regular maintenance needed on my range hood? - Danny Lipford
Does an Over the Range microwave provide adequate Capture? - Danny Lipford
Give Your Kitchen a 72-Hour Facelift with Danny Lipford
Island Range Hoods for Kitchen Upgrades - Danny Lipford
Importance of a Range Hood for Indoor Air Quality
Kitchen Renovation Includes Adding Range Hood with Danny Lipford
Can I install a range hood without venting it? - Danny Lipford
Keep your kitchen clear of smoke and fumes. Don't neglect ventilation when remodeling your kitchen, ConsumerReports.org
Cook with a gas stove? You could be breathing polluted air, study says, Los Angeles Times
Using gas stoves with no hood may expose many to air pollution, UPI Health News
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation, K+BB
5 Kitchen Renovation Goofs To Avoid, Consumer Reports
Clearing the Air, K+BB
The Kitchen as a Pollution Hazard
Fixing Stove Hoods To Keep Pollution Out Of The Kitchen
Range Hood Make-Up Air Specifier
Code compliant make-up air solutions for domestic range hoods in family dwelling units
To help you determine your make-up air needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our Make-Up Air Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations and satisfy the home’s needs. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Accommodates Ceiling Height||8'|
|Blower Air Mover Type||Centrifugal Blower|
|Cabinet Width (inches)||42"|
|Control Feature Filter Reminder||No|
|Delay Shut Off||No|
|Dishwasher Safe Filters||Yes|
|Duct Connector Size||10" Round|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||No|
|Filter Type||Stainless Steel Baffle|
|Flue Accommodates ceilings up to xx ft||N/A|
|Heat Sentry - Temperature Sensor||Yes|
|Light Bulb Quantity||3|
|Light Bulbs Included||No|
|Max Sones/100 CFM||0.6|
|Minimum Height Above Cook Top||24"|
|Product Depth (inches)||24"|
|Product Height (inches)||18"|
|Product Width (inches)||42"|
|Sones Certified Horizontal Rectangular High||N/A|
|Sones Certified Horizontal Rectangular Low||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Rectangular High||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Rectangular Low||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Round High||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Round Low||N/A|
|Switch Control Settings||Variable|
|Switch Style||Rotary Dial|
E60E42SS is rated
Rated 1 out of
Very, very loud
Way too loud and doesn't always work. Smoke detector goes off all the time.
Date published: 2016-04-26
Is this hood available as a 27" deep model?
W brand sells this hood as both 24" and 27" deep. Is a 27" model available from Broan?
Thank you for your question on the model E60E42SS range hood. The E60E42SS range hood only comes 24” deep. It does not come in a 27” deep version.
Date published: 2014-08-27
What's the difference between E60E and E64E
I can't choose between these two models. From the website description, E60E is wall-mount and E64E is under-cabinet. E64E can work with automatic make-up air dampers while E60E doesn't have this feature. Any other difference between the two that would help me make a decision? Thanks.
Thank you for your question on the model E60E and E64E range hoods. Besides the height of the E60E, you are correct about the differences in these two range hoods, except that the E60E can also work with the automatic make-up air dampers. The E64E is normally used when you want to have a cabinet above it, but you would not want a cabinet above the E60E.
Date published: 2016-02-16
Which fan produces less noise at full power in this vent scenerio?
Would a 600 CFM internal blower make less noise than a 600 CFM external blower mounted horizontally straight out the rear of the hood (no 90 degree elbow)? The horizontal run would be through a fiberglass batt insulated 2x6 exterior wall cavity with 1/2 plywood sheathing and a brick veneer.
Thank you for your question on the model E60E42SS range hood. An externally mounted blower is always quieter than an internal blower. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2016-01-04
Can the flue extension AEE60302SS be cut down
from 12 inches to 6 inches or is a 6 inch version available?
Thank you for your question on the model AEE60302SS flue extension. The AEE60302SS only comes in a 12” tall section. We do not recommend trying to cut this extension down to six inches. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2015-04-06
Where are the instructions for connecting to the automatic vent-air dampers?
I have a model E60E48SS. I bought it specifically because I wanted to use the external blower AND because I thought it would connect with the MD8 series dampers. I CAN NOT FIND ANY INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THE CONNECTIONS? Help?
Thank you for the question on the model E60E48SS range hood and MD8 make-up dampers. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for assistance.
Date published: 2013-12-23