To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA GREEN™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 80 CFM quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 75 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRASilent™ with QStream™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|CFM @ 0.10"||80|
|CFM @ 0.25"||80|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Radiation Damper Available||Yes|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||5.8|
ZB80 is rated
Rated 5 out of
Easy Retrofit Installation
I bought this fan to vent a small shower/stool space about 50 square feet in size. I bought this specific model because of the adjustable speed feature. It was easy to install and is very quiet even considering the 3 inch vent pipe that I could not replace with a larger size. Set at 40 CFM the fan moves plenty of air.
Date published: 2015-01-31
Can you set the upper and lower CFM?
We are looking to use these fans for residential apartment units and want to set @ 30 CFM for whole house ventilation and 50 CFM for when the bathroom light is on.
The lower setting has a range of 30 to 80 CFM with a delay of 5 to 60 minutes and the high setting has a range of 30 to 110 CFM delay of 5 to 60 minutes unlike the ZB80 which has a fixed high CFM setting. The other answer is simple wrong.
Date published: 2013-10-23
Is the housing depth (7-5/8") of the ZB80 to the bottom of the framing (e.g. wood joists) or to the bottom of the finished ceiling (e.g. 5/8" gypsum)?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80 dual speed exhaust fan. The housing of the ZB80 is 7-5/8” tall. When this unit is installed, the bottom of the unit housing must be flush with the finished side of the ceiling drywall.
Date published: 2014-04-02
How much energy is used to run this fan on the low speed? If it is left on all the time, how much energy is used?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80 multi speed exhaust fan. The low setting of the ZB80 fan can be set from 30 – 80 CFM. Depending on the speed of the fan along with the type and size of duct work used in the installation, the unit could draw anywhere between 3.3 and 6.3 watts. If you need further assistance please contact our Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2013-10-28
can I add a duct to the intake and install this fan in the attic as a whole house fan for ashrae 62.2
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80 multi-speed ventilation fan. The ZB80 is not designed to be used in the application you are describing. It should only be installed as per the installation instructions that come with the unit.
Date published: 2013-10-31
can this fan be used in the kitchen?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110 exhaust fan. The ZB110 is not designed to be used in a cooking area. Please see the installation instructions for detailed instructions for installing. The installation instructions can be downloaded from our web site.
Date published: 2014-04-03