To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA GREEN™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 110 CFM quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||Yes|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||8.7|
ZB110L is rated
Rated 5 out of
Easy retroft installation
This fan replaced a noisy model over 20 years old. Installation was a snap. The new fan requires a 11x12 opening which provides ample space to remove the old fan and adjust the vent pipe. The fan was wired to a single switch resulting in an adjustable CFM rating when turned on. I am very happy with the features, ease of installation and quiet operation and have installed several more in my parent's home as well.
Date published: 2015-02-07
I am trying to obtain proof that running this fan with out a master switch will not void the warrantee. I would need this in writing to provide to the architect.
I've wired two fans using only the black and white fan wires which allows for a user adjustable CFM rating when turned on.
Date published: 2015-08-08
Where can I find info on break horsepower and the horsepower of the dc motor that operates the fan?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110L multi-speed exhaust fan/light/night light. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for assistance.
Date published: 2015-01-15
can the zb110L be used with joists that are 2x4 or 2x6 if using mounting frame? if not why
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110L multi-speed exhaust fan/light/night light. You can install this unit with 2” x 4” or 2” x 6” joists as long as you have space above the joists. The installation instructions state “Fits in 2" x 8" ceiling construction” because the unit is 7-5/8” deep and needs the 8 inches for the housing. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2015-01-19
In case the bulbs need replaced, what is the base size/number?
Can I swap out the CFL for LED or is the unit made specifically for those CFLs?
Thank you for your question on the ZB80L ventilation fan with light. This model uses two, 18 watt maximum, GU24, 3500K fluorescent bulbs. We recommend that you use only the type of bulb recommended for your ventilation fan/light. You should know that using the LED will not void the warranty; however we cannot guarantee the life of the bulb. Your LED bulb should be listed by a certification body such as UL, CSA, or ETL. They should also be marked suitable for enclosed fixtures. For more assistance, please contact our Technical Support department directly at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2017-01-16
How much electricity will ZB80L consume while running continuously?
I think, since the fan is allways on and running, it will add a lot to my electricity bill. Am I correct? Eleanor G.
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80L exhaust fan/light. The total power consumption of the exhaust fan when running at high speed is approximately 6 watts. That is about what a night light bulb would use. We would not expect the power consumption of the fan running on low speed to greatly add to your electric bill.
Date published: 2014-09-04