To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA™ Motion Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, extremely quiet operation and multi-speed capability. Best of all, they have the ability to know when they should be in the “normal” continuous ventilation mode and when they should kick up to the high speed mode to evacuate shower humidity or odors.
- 80 CFM quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 70 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ M, Motion Sensing Technology, offers a hands-free solution for maximum convenience. The fan will increase to maximum speed from the lower, continuous setting when motion is detected -- which is ideal for family members who forget to turn the fan on -- and will stay on the max setting for the user-set 5-60 minute period after no motion is detected, before falling back to the continuous setting
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial (adjustable from 5-60 minutes) is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRASilent™ with QStream™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||75 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||80|
|CFM @ 0.125"||N/A|
|CFM @ 0.25"||79|
|Duct Size||6" or 4"|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Grille Length||13-1/8" |
|Grille Width||14" |
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8" |
|Housing Height||7-5/8" |
|Housing Length||10-1/2" |
|Housing Width||11-3/8" |
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||2x8|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight||12.0 lbs |
|Rated Amps||0.1 |
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Rated Watts||6.4 |
|Sones||<0.3 w/6" Duct|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||0.3|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||6.4|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
Is the ZB80M Insulation Contact (IC) rated?
My ZB80M went in great, I really like it. I haven't insulated or baffled around it. Can insulation touch the housing?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80M multi-speed exhaust fan with motion sensor. The ZB80M is IC rated and you can place insulation against the sides and on top of the unit housing.
Date published: 2015-11-23
How is this so efficient if it never shuts off completely?
Why would you want the fan to never shut off completely? This sounds like it would waste energy, and your valuable heat and cooling - constantly - when not needed.
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80M multi-speed motion sensing exhaust fan. The ZB80M is designed for today’s air tight homes that need a constant exchange of air. The efficiency comes from the amount of energy it uses for the amount of work done. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2015-11-18
I currently have a bathroom vent/light that I want to replace. I have a single pole, double switch at the door. One control the lights above the sink as well as the fan light. The other switch control the power to the fan.
I don't have room for a double pole. Is it possible for me to control the lights above the sink and the necessary switches for the fan on a single pole double switch, or maybe a single pole triple switch? Can the fan always be powered on, or the motion sensor?
Is it possible to set the continuous fan to 'OFF'? Or do you have a motion sensing fan that does not continuously run?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80M multi-speed exhaust fan with motion sensor. For independent operation of all functions, you would need three wall switches along with at least one ground wire, one white neutral wire and three hot power wires. We would not have a single speed fan with a motion control. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2014-06-02
Can this fan be configured so the fan is not running unless activated by the motion sensor.
I have a leaky old house so I don't need continuous fan operation.
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80M. The ZB units are a two speed fan model that would run continuous at the lower speed. The unit would turn on to the higher cfm rating when activated manually or motion is detected. If you have further questions our Technical Support would be happy to help you at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2016-08-08
What's the difference between the ZB80M and the ZB80M-B?
I am looking for the installation and operation manual for the ZB80M-B ventilation fan. Is there a difference between the ZB80M and the ZB80M-B? If so, what is it and where can I find the paper work that I'm looking for?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80M motion sensing multi-speed exhaust fan. The ZB80M and the ZB80M-B are the same unit.
Date published: 2015-11-12