Rated 4.3 out of 5 by 6
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bill55 Looks good but….
My remodeling business specializes in kitchens. So we frequently install all types and qualities of range hoods. I rarely take time to write reviews, but I wasted so much time installing this hood for my customer, I figured why not invest some more time warning the next guy.
1. The instructions were full of all the usual warnings but very much lacking in useful advice to explain the intended methods of installation.
2. The design of the telescopic chimney was okay but something went wrong. It appears that the inner section should be just a little smaller than the outer section it slides inside of. This one was much smaller which caused gaps. It also appears that the inner section can only be held in place, within the outer section if the return legs on the back are trapped inside the return leg of the outer section. On this unit, there was a 3/8” difference so the two sections did not stay in alignment. I added blocks to the inner section to keep them in alignment.
3. The mounting bracket for the top of the chimney is flimsy and not at all forgiving of the inevitable imperfections of any drywall wall/ceiling corner. It includes a very poor description of how to assemble the 3-piece bracket and gives no dimension. Why?
4. Blocking requirements are not explained well in the information available on the website. Even if we had had the hood and instructions before drywall went in, understanding the blocking requirements would have been problematic.
5. Blocking should be called out for the lower set of holes as the position is fixed and thereby not suited to accommodate actual stud locations.
6. The attachment holes that do the bulk of the work are stamped (countersunk) to accept flat head screws but the instructions call out the provided pan head screws. Seems to me the best design would be flat holes and truss head screws so the final position and level can be tweaked before the protruding sheet metal holes bite into the wallboard.
7. And, as with EVERY manufacturer, the duct connection is ridiculous. How do you “Tape” metal duct to a hub that’s 5/8” long? Do these people EVER actually install anything? Put a shoulder and a tape hub on it so an installer can actually do as you ask.
8. The switches are crude and the switch plate slides every time you try to change speeds.
April 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marie98 It is elegant, quiet and powerful!
I bought this exhaust fan and installed it in my new kitchen in October. I love it! I cook every night and my house has no food smells when kitchen is clean. You wouldn't know it was on so it is nice to have conversations with quests while they sit in my kitchen. Light is bright over the stove and filters go right in the dishwasher to clean. I highly recommend it!
March 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5
by Dave52 Fantastic
We could not have made a better choice. It fits perfectly in our kitchen, and does exactly what we wanted it to do.
August 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beth Beautiful and works very well!
I love this vent hood; it completed the look of my kitchen and we also vented to the outside so it does a fantastic job of removing odors and smoke.
The service from Broan was excellent - there was a small scratch on the stainless flu when it arrived and a replacement piece was sent immediately.
April 3, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bonnie An excellent hood at excellent value
My contractor recommended this hood when I remodeled the kitchen. He installed it. It looks beautiful, has great power in removing smoke and odors, and has great features, like a light over the range.
February 27, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carol22 A beautiful contemporary complement to my kitchen!
This unit looks sleek and clean in my kitchen. I love it. It is quiet when in use...especially when cooking steaks, I like them well done!
February 20, 2013