Rated 1 out of 5 by Jan2QR smoke removal poor
It is rated to sufficiently remove smoke in my size kitchen w/my size cook top, but it DOESN'T. It doesn't matter if I am cooking a grilled cheese sandwich or a steak, the smoke alarm is going to go off and NOT because I burned something. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!
February 6, 2015
Rated 5 out of 5 by LmMS This product has great features, and looks great too
We selected this fan to remove cooking odors before they spread throughout the house. I'd had enough of under performing fans that did nothing but make noise. This unit works very well. The design and appearance were also important in our choice. The highest setting can be noisy, but doesn't have to be on very long, as the fan works very well.
October 25, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by BobS Great Product
The Broan hood fit our needs exactly! Great price, appearance and function!
October 24, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by BarbaraSJ Looks great in photos; cheaply made and inconsistent operation
We built a home to replace the one that burned down in 2011. I'd seen such hoods in other homes and asked my local appliance store for a recommendation. This is the one they recommended and sold to me. First, the contractor installed it incorrectly because of poor instructions. Then the appliance store technician took over and bent the flimsy chimney during assembly. So he ordered another and it was bent in the box. Finally, he installed the fourth unit. At about a year old, one light cover fell out into food I was cooking. Then that light began to flicker and act as if it had a short. When it quit working all together, the other light began the same process. Now I have no lights. It seems impossible to extract the light housing in order to replace it. The fan does only an average job of ridding the area of smoke and grease. Cleaning the flue is always risky because it feels as if it will dent or fall apart at any moment. I regret buying this and installing it in my "dream home" every day.
June 3, 2014
Rated 1 out of 5 by Bill55 Looks good but….
My remodeling business specializes in kitchens. So we frequently install all types and qualities of range hoods. I rarely take time to write reviews, but I wasted so much time installing this hood for my customer, I figured why not invest some more time warning the next guy.
1. The instructions were full of all the usual warnings but very much lacking in useful advice to explain the intended methods of installation.
2. The design of the telescopic chimney was okay but something went wrong. It appears that the inner section should be just a little smaller than the outer section it slides inside of. This one was much smaller which caused gaps. It also appears that the inner section can only be held in place, within the outer section if the return legs on the back are trapped inside the return leg of the outer section. On this unit, there was a 3/8” difference so the two sections did not stay in alignment. I added blocks to the inner section to keep them in alignment.
3. The mounting bracket for the top of the chimney is flimsy and not at all forgiving of the inevitable imperfections of any drywall wall/ceiling corner. It includes a very poor description of how to assemble the 3-piece bracket and gives no dimension. Why?
4. Blocking requirements are not explained well in the information available on the website. Even if we had had the hood and instructions before drywall went in, understanding the blocking requirements would have been problematic.
5. Blocking should be called out for the lower set of holes as the position is fixed and thereby not suited to accommodate actual stud locations.
6. The attachment holes that do the bulk of the work are stamped (countersunk) to accept flat head screws but the instructions call out the provided pan head screws. Seems to me the best design would be flat holes and truss head screws so the final position and level can be tweaked before the protruding sheet metal holes bite into the wallboard.
7. And, as with EVERY manufacturer, the duct connection is ridiculous. How do you “Tape” metal duct to a hub that’s 5/8” long? Do these people EVER actually install anything? Put a shoulder and a tape hub on it so an installer can actually do as you ask.
8. The switches are crude and the switch plate slides every time you try to change speeds.
April 5, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Marie98 It is elegant, quiet and powerful!
I bought this exhaust fan and installed it in my new kitchen in October. I love it! I cook every night and my house has no food smells when kitchen is clean. You wouldn't know it was on so it is nice to have conversations with quests while they sit in my kitchen. Light is bright over the stove and filters go right in the dishwasher to clean. I highly recommend it!
March 10, 2014
Rated 5 out of 5
by Dave52 Fantastic
We could not have made a better choice. It fits perfectly in our kitchen, and does exactly what we wanted it to do.
August 21, 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by Beth Beautiful and works very well!
I love this vent hood; it completed the look of my kitchen and we also vented to the outside so it does a fantastic job of removing odors and smoke.
The service from Broan was excellent - there was a small scratch on the stainless flu when it arrived and a replacement piece was sent immediately.
April 3, 2013