To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA GREEN™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 110 CFM very quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||105 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Radiation Damper Available||Yes|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||7.7|
ZB110 is rated
Rated 5 out of
I have had this fan for two weeks installed now. It is quiet and efficient. Takes the humidity out and bathroom smells out quickly. A word to all of you on installation, the motor will not run fully without resistance. Make sure to connect the vent so the microchip can calculate airflow resistance before assuming it doesn't work. It will.
Date published: 2014-08-16
Can you set the upper and lower CFM?
We are looking to use these fans for residential apartment units and want to set @ 30 CFM for whole house ventilation and 50 CFM for when the bathroom light is on.
The lower setting has a range of 30 to 80 CFM with a delay of 5 to 60 minutes and the high setting has a range of 30 to 110 CFM delay of 5 to 60 minutes unlike the ZB80 which has a fixed high CFM setting. The other answer is simple wrong.
Date published: 2013-10-23
can this fan be used in the kitchen?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110 exhaust fan. The ZB110 is not designed to be used in a cooking area. Please see the installation instructions for detailed instructions for installing. The installation instructions can be downloaded from our web site.
Date published: 2014-04-03
What has to be added to have this fan conform to the ASHRAE 62.2 standards
Is there a type of plug an play component needed
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110. This model meets ASHRAE 62.2 standards. There isn't anything additional you would need.
If you have further questions, please contact our Technical Support Department directly at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2016-09-29
Dimensions of fan
I have a 14" wide round fan that I want to replace with the ZB110.
Will the ZB110 and grill cover the opening so that I don't need to do any drywall patching to cover openings that might expand over?
If you are replacing a 14" wide fan with the ZB110, you will have to patch the ceiling.
Date published: 2016-03-11
Are there Hi-Lo switches available for your multispeed fans?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110 multi-speed exhaust fan. To operate the high and low speeds on the ZB110 exhaust fan, you would use two standard wall switches. You could use our model 68W combination wall switch. The installation instructions are available for download from our web site or you can contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2016-01-18