BROAN ULTRA PRO™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 80 CFM reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 75 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- QStream™ Technology - State-of-the-art blower design with airflow-smoothing baffles optimally smoothes airflow and reduce turbulence so the wheel can turn more slowly and quietly with no airflow loss
- QFlow™ Technology - Duct connector damper flap is completely removed from airstream to reduce static pressure again, allowing the blower to turn more slowly and quietly, Damper also seals against perimeter surfaces when closed to prevent backdrafts
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
2014 Broan-NuTone ULTRA Pro Challenge Tour
Broan ULTRA™ Series -- Installation Challenge Video
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||75 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||80|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||Yes|
|Lighting Type||18W GU24|
|Minimum construction space required||2x8|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
RB80L is rated
Rated 4 out of
So far, so good
Just installed this fan/light combo and while it claims not needing access from above, it certainly helped in my case. I had 24" on center joists, so it made it tough to fasten the screws on the joist at the far side. Because of that, I wound up doing it from above. Also, this is a newer model unit and it still has CFL lighting. Why not provide LED lighting, or at minimum, something more common than a lamp base of GU24?
Date published: 2016-07-31
Rated 5 out of
I bought this to replace a 26 year old 50 cfm fan. I wanted a quiet fan with a light and night light. The fan is very quiet and easy to install. Great product and price.
Date published: 2016-03-31
Rated 5 out of
This fan is remarkedly quite. The 80 CFM capacity is perfect for my large walk-in shower.
The installation was relatively uncomplicated. I chose not to replace the switches and wiring, so I did not connect the nightlight. This is the quietest fan I have ever owned and perfect fit for my walk-in shower. The design of the exterior grill is a little outdated. The CFL bulbs provide abundant, white light.
Date published: 2015-07-16
Rated 5 out of
white light,quiet,sharp looking,bigger looking comparing to photo
It does a lot
Instructions are not great but do able
Date published: 2015-03-02
Rated 5 out of
Easy to install.
We did a lot of research on exhaust fans for our bathrooms. We were replacing fans. Decided to stay with the same brand so the wiring and duct work lined up the same. Very very satisfied. Easy install, quiet and does a fantastic job!!!
Date published: 2015-01-10
What type of occupancy sensor is recommended for the RB80L fan?
Thank you for your question on the model RB80L exhaust fan/light/night light. Any simple line switchable occupancy sensor should work with the RB80L.
Date published: 2015-03-26
Does the night light require a separate wall switch?
Thank you for your question on model RB80L exhaust fan/light/night light. Each of the three functions exhaust fan, light and night light would need a separate switch and the proper wiring for independent operation.
Date published: 2014-04-23
What is the vertical projection of the grille/light combo below the ceiling?
I have tight clearance to swinging cabinet doors. Spec sheet doesn't detail the height dimension of grille/light. How far does the grille/light extend below the ceiling?
Thank you for your question on the model RB80L exhaust fan/light. The grille with lens drops 2 3/8" so I like to recommend model 791LED which has a grille and lens drop of under an inch. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 with more questions.
Date published: 2015-05-02
Can the light and fan function's be placed on the same switch?
Thank you for your question on the Broan RB80l. Yes, the light and fan can be put on one switch. If you have further questions please contact Technical support directly at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2017-06-13
Rb80l can you use a radiation damper with this?
Thank you for your question on the model RB80L exhaust fan/light/night light. We do not have a radiation damper designed to be used with the RB80L.
Date published: 2014-11-26