To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA™ Humidity Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, extremely quiet operation and multi-speed capability. Best of all, they have the ability to sense when you’re showering via a quick rise in humidity and automatically turn on
- 110 CFM very quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology, means no longer needing to remember to turn the fan on when you shower. Unlike other competitive fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached, ULTRASense H fans react to a quick rise in humidity to turn the fan on and clear the mirrors faster
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||100 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.125"||N/A|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Grille Length||13-1/8" |
|Grille Width||14" |
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8" |
|Housing Height||7-5/8" |
|Housing Length||10-1/2" |
|Housing Width||11-3/8" |
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2x8|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight||13.8 lbs |
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||9.3|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
XB110HL Humidity Sensing
The instructions are not clear on the expected results from the Humidity adjustment. Here in the Northeast, the fan occasionally turns on when the baseboard heat comes on in the morning, or even when someone is in the bathroom for awhile, the sink is used or the toilet is flushed.
Is there a sensitivity adjustment for the Humidity Sensing activation?
Thank you for your question on the model XB110HL humidity sensing exhaust fan/light/night light. The humidity sensor basically tries to keep the room at a desired humidity level. From your description, it sounds like you have the sensor set just a little too low. The user-adjustable humidity sensor is located inside the housing. You will have to remove the cover to see this. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance. We would be happy to email you the installation instructions for this model or they can be downloaded from our website.
Date published: 2016-01-27
xb and zb
you say that the zb is constantly on. but the xb says normal continuous mode. what does that mean.?
Thank you for your question on the “XB” and “ZB” series exhaust fans. The statement you are referring to is a misprint and describes the “ZB” series of humidity sensing fans. The XB only has one speed and does not run continuously unless the humidity is high or the switch is turned on. Both models are rated for continuous operation, but the ZB is the multi-speed fan that will run continuously on the low speed. Please contact our Technical Support department should you have further questions at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2015-11-18
Difference between ZB110HL & XB110HL
What is the difference between these models?
Thank you for your question on the models ZB110HL and XB110HL humidity sensing exhaust fan/lights. Both units have a humidity sensing feature that will turn the fan on when it detects a rise in humidity. The difference between these two are; the “XB” is a single speed fan and the “ZB” is a multi-speed fan. The “ZB” is designed to run at a slow speed, 24 hours a day to provide constant ventilation. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2014-05-09
Can the CFL lamps be replaced with LED lamps
Thank you for your question on ventilation fans. We recommend that you use only the type of bulb recommended for your ventilation fan/light. You should know that using the LED will not void the warranty; however we cannot guarantee the life of the bulb. Your LED bulb should be listed by a certification body such as UL, CSA, or ETL. They should also be marked suitable for enclosed fixtures. For more assistance, please contact our Technical Support department directly at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2017-03-30
How long would the fan run?
If the fan detects motion in the (bath) room, how long would it run? Is this something we can configure? - like 15 minutes or 20 minutes?
Thank you for your question on the model XB110HL humidity sensing exhaust fan/light. The XB110HL is not a motion sensing unit. It has a built-in humidity sensor. When the fan detects a rise in humidity over the user settable humidity limit (50% - 80% RH), the fan will come on and run for the user adjustable (5 to 60 minutes) time. If after the time has passed, the humidity is still high, it will run for that length of time again. If the humidity level is back down at that time it will shut off. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2015-09-08