To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA™ Humidity Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, and extremely quiet operation. Best of all, they have the ability to sense when you’re showering via a quick rise in humidity and automatically turn on.
- 110 CFM very quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology, means no longer needing to remember to turn the fan on when you shower. Unlike other competitive fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached, ULTRASense H fans react to a quick rise in humidity to turn the fan on and clear the mirrors faster
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||100 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.125"||N/A|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Grille Length||13-1/8" |
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8" |
|Housing Length||10-1/2" |
|Housing Width||11-3/8" |
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||2x8|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight||12.2 lbs|
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||8.3|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
How does remove the grill for cleaning?
From the looks of them, XB110 ventilation fans were installed in our bathrooms, and we would like to know how to remove the plastic grill for cleaning. I tried twisting and sliding in a couple directions, but was afraid I would break something.
Thank you for your question on the model XB110 exhaust fan. The XB110 grille is held in place with butterfly springs. You would pull straight down on the grille and it should come down from the ceiling approximately two inches. You would then reach around the grille and squeeze the springs together to totally remove it from the ceiling.
Date published: 2016-05-05
Could this model be adapted to fit an existing 4" ducting?
Thank you for your question on the XB110H humidity sensing exhaust fan. The XB110H is designed to be used with six inch duct work. We do not recommend using four inch duct work with this unit.
Date published: 2013-10-23
Installing in a tight space.
I have exactly 11.75" in between the ceiling joists, can I install this XB110H without the frame in comes with?
Thank you for your question on the XB110H ventilation fan.The mounting frame can only go as small at 12-1/8", so this fan would not be a good choice for your application. The AE110SL would offer mounting ears instead of the mounting frame and may be something you would be interested in. For more assistance, please contact Technical Support directly at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2017-10-30
When the humidity sensor causes the XB110H to turn on automamatically will the unit also tutn itself off or does it need to be turned off manually?
Thank you for your question on the model XB110H humidity sensing exhaust fan. When the XB110H turns on by the humidity sensor, the fan will remain running until the humidity in the room goes below the humidity level set on the XB110H. It will then turn off automatically. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2016-10-10
Can this be installed in a sloped, cathedral-style ceiling? If not, do you have a humidity sensing fan that can be?
The XB110H, as well as any other Broan humidity "sensing" fan, can be installed on a "flat" ceiling only. The built in humidity sensor will not operate accurately, when installed on an angle.
Date published: 2014-05-12