BROAN ULTRA PRO™ Series Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, extremely quiet operation, energy efficiency, consistent power and most impressively, the fastest, easiest, most universal installation available. These fans are ideal for both spot ventilation in humid bathrooms, as well as continuous ventilation to meet various building codes and Green Building standards around the United States.
- 80 CFM reduces humidity to quickly eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 75 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- QStream™ Technology - State-of-the-art blower design with airflow-smoothing baffles optimally smoothes airflow and reduce turbulence so the wheel can turn more slowly and quietly with no airflow loss
- QFlow™ Technology - Duct connector damper flap is completely removed from airstream to reduce static pressure again, allowing the blower to turn more slowly and quietly, Damper also seals against perimeter surfaces when closed to prevent backdrafts
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that deliver the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDF1 which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
2014 Broan-NuTone ULTRA Pro Challenge Tour
Broan ULTRA™ Series -- Installation Challenge Video
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||75 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||80|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8"|
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||2x8|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Radiation Damper Available||Yes|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
RB80 is rated
Rated 5 out of
RB 80 Broan Ultra Pro Series Exhaust Fan
As a contractor the RB 80 Broan Ultra Series is easy to install on new construction and remodel jobs and with the o.3 sones they are quiet. I would recommend them to any one looking for a great exhaust fan.
Date published: 2016-06-17
Will this unit work to replace a 763RLN
I'd like to replace an existing 763RLN that's getting noisy. Will the "guts" of this unit fit into the existing housing??
Thank you for your question on the Broan RB80. The parts from the RB80 will not directly fit into the 763RLN. You would have to remove the housing. We do offer service parts for the 763RLN. Please contact our Technical Support directly at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2017-05-08
Can the RB80 be used with an electronic (non-mechanical) timer for auto off operation?
specifically this model
Thank you for your question on the Broan RB80. The Broan RB80 can be used with the Broan 59W and 61W mechanical timer. Please contact our Technical Support directly for all compatible controls that can be used with the RB80 at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2017-03-31
Do the radiation dampers help protect the fan opening in 1-,2-, or 3 hour
fire-rated roof-ceiling design?. Does the damper prevent outdoor air
Thank you for your question on the exhaust fan radiation dampers. Our radiation dampers are rated for use in 1, 2 and 3 hour rated floor-ceiling and roof-ceiling constructions. The damper is a high temperature, non-asbestos, reinforced fiber thermal fabric that closes behind the unit grille. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2015-02-27
Can this unit be hooked to three inch duct?
Thank you for your question on the model RB80 exhaust fan. Four inch round metal ducting is recommended for the best performance. We do not recommend or suggest using anything smaller.
Date published: 2015-03-04