To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA™ Humidity Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, extremely quiet operation and multi-speed capability. Best of all, they have the ability to know when they should be in the “normal” continuous ventilation mode and when they should kick up to the high speed mode to evacuate shower humidity or odors.
- 110 CFM very quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 110 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ H, Humidity Sensing Technology, means no longer needing to remember to turn the fan on when you shower. Unlike other competitive fans and wall controls that wait for a relative humidity set point to be reached, ULTRASense H multi-speed fans react to a quick rise in humidity to increase fan speed and clear the mirrors faster
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial (adjustable from 5-60 minutes) is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||100 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.125"||N/A|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Grille Length||13-1/8" |
|Grille Width||14" |
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8" |
|Housing Height||7-5/8" |
|Housing Length||10-1/2" |
|Housing Width||11-3/8" |
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2x8|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight||13.8 lbs |
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||9.3|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
What does it mean when it says "continuous ventilation level"? Does this mean that the fan is on continuously, all day long?
If so, how is that going to affect my utility bill?
The fan runs continuously at low speed 24/7. The impact on your utility bill will be negligible.
Date published: 2017-02-18
Wiring diagram clarification
I am installing this fan along with the Broan 77DW multifunction switch. The switch has 3 pigtail wires coming out the top - black, red and blue. The sides of the switch has a common screw (black) on on side (in the middle) and 2 screws on the other side (to match up to the light & nightlight). Can you please clarify whether the Line In black wire is only intended to be attached to the common connector (black screw on side of switch), or is the Line In black wire intended to be connected to the both the common connector as well as the black pigtail wire coming out of the 77DW switch? The voltage meter seems to indicate that the 3-way switch does not get power from the common connector. Thanks!
Thank you for your question on the model 77DW multifunction switch. The line in black is supposed to be hooked to the common connector as well as the black pigtail.
Date published: 2013-11-26
Replacement for an old Broan bath fan model.
I currently have 3 Broan bathroom fans. My house was a new built so the bathroom fans I have are about 10 years old. I checked the model so I will know exactly the grille and housing dimensions and the duct size. The model says QTR080L-A with 1.0 sones & 80 CFM. I guess this model has been discontinued because I can not find it website I go, not even this site.
I want to change all my bathroom fans but I want to have all the 3 new Broan fans and switches needed available before I call an electrician to install.
I will need help how to figure out if my current Broan fan has a 6" duct size, horizontal. I would like to get XB110HL or ZB110HL but not sure if it is the right replacement. I was wondering if your company has records of discontinued models. Thank you for any assistance.
Thank you for your question on your QTR080L and the ZB/XB models. The QTR080L-A model used a 4" round duct size. The XB110HL and ZB110HL models both need to have a 6" round duct. We would recommend that you give our Technical Support team a call at 800-637-1453. We can go over what your needs are for a new fan and help you from there.
Date published: 2016-11-10
What wall switch works best with this model?
I currently have a 2 gang wall switch for an older Broan fan, one switch for the fan and one for the light. Will I need to change electrical wiring to the wall switches?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110HL multi-speed humidity sensing exhaust fan/light and night light. To have independent operation of all functions, you would need a total of five switches. We would normally suggest using the 66W (three function switch) and the 68W (two function switch). You would need a minimum of one ground wire, one white neutral wire and five hot power wires going from the wall switches to the ZB110HL. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2014-04-21