This wall-mounted Chimney hood combines graceful curves and traditional European styling. The 52000 Series is engineered to meet the requirements of today's highly styled, conventional appliances and kitchens. Its 370 CFM centrifugal blower and multispeed control provide quiet, effective performance.
- 370 CFM internal blower provides the power you need at 7.0 Sones, using 6" round ductwork for easy installation
- Three-speed slide control allows you to set just the right exhaust speed to keep up with whatever is cooking
- Dual 20-watt halogen lamps (included) provide bright lighting to the cooktop so you can see what's cooking; one light level on lamps
- Dishwasher-safe aluminum filter features a quick-release latch and professional style appearance for good looks and a fresh kitchen
- Ducted/non-ducted telescopic flue accommodates ceiling heights from 8 to 9 feet. Extension flues for higher ceilings are also available for ducted (RFX5204) and non-ducted (RFXN5204) applications
- Requires separate purchase of a non-ducted kit (RRK51) for indoor exhaust recirculation, which includes one non-duct filter; replacement filters sold separately (FILTERSQUARE)
- Heat Sentry detects excessive heat and adjusts speed of blower to high automatically to prolong product life
- Compatible with optional Broan Make-up Air Dampers (MD6TU or MD8TU, sold separately) to fit 6" or 8" ducting and help to balance the air pressure when the range hood is in use, keeping your environment comfortable
Island Range Hoods for Kitchen Upgrades – Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Range Hood Filter – Danny Lipford
Proper Use of a Range Hood- Danny Lipford
How to Ventilate the Whole House
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts
How do I determine the size of the range hood I need? - Danny Lipford
Is there any regular maintenance needed on my range hood? - Danny Lipford
Does an Over the Range microwave provide adequate Capture? - Danny Lipford
Give Your Kitchen a 72-Hour Facelift with Danny Lipford
Island Range Hoods for Kitchen Upgrades - Danny Lipford
Importance of a Range Hood for Indoor Air Quality
Kitchen Renovation Includes Adding Range Hood with Danny Lipford
Can I install a range hood without venting it? - Danny Lipford
Keep your kitchen clear of smoke and fumes. Don't neglect ventilation when remodeling your kitchen, ConsumerReports.org
Cook with a gas stove? You could be breathing polluted air, study says, Los Angeles Times
Using gas stoves with no hood may expose many to air pollution, UPI Health News
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation, K+BB
5 Kitchen Renovation Goofs To Avoid, Consumer Reports
Clearing the Air, K+BB
The Kitchen as a Pollution Hazard
Fixing Stove Hoods To Keep Pollution Out Of The Kitchen
|Accommodates Ceiling Height||8' - 9' Opt. 10'|
|Blower Air Mover Type||Centrifugal Blower|
|Control Feature Filter Reminder||No|
|Delay Shut Off||No|
|Dishwasher Safe Filters||Yes|
|Duct Connector Size||6" Round|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||No|
|Flue Accommodates ceilings up to xx ft||8' - 9' Opt. 10'|
|Heat Sentry - Temperature Sensor||Yes|
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulbs Included||Yes|
|Max Sones/100 CFM||1.9|
|Minimum Height Above Cook Top||24"|
|Product Depth (inches)||19-5/8"|
|Product Height (inches)||30" min - 45" max|
|Product Width (inches)||36"|
|Sones Certified Horizontal Rectangular High||N/A|
|Sones Certified Horizontal Rectangular Low||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Rectangular High||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Rectangular Low||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Round High||7.0|
|Sones Certified Vertical Round Low||N/A|
|Switch Control Settings||3|
RM523604 is rated
Rated 3 out of
A bit loud and burns up lights
This unit is a bit loud and repeatedly burns out the same light bulb!
Date published: 2017-04-06
Rated 2 out of
Grossly overpriced for what you get
The chimney is flimsy, not well made at all. The fan is so horribly loud that you cannot hear someone in the kitchen. Each of settings sound exactly the same! The performance of the fan does not redeem itself either -- it's unimpressive. My Viking hood was far superior in performance. The light has only 1 setting which is disappointing considering how much this hood cost.
Date published: 2017-04-06
Rated 1 out of
smoke removal poor
It is rated to sufficiently remove smoke in my size kitchen w/my size cook top, but it DOESN'T. It doesn't matter if I am cooking a grilled cheese sandwich or a steak, the smoke alarm is going to go off and NOT because I burned something. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!
Date published: 2015-02-06
Rated 5 out of
This product has great features, and looks great too
We selected this fan to remove cooking odors before they spread throughout the house. I'd had enough of under performing fans that did nothing but make noise. This unit works very well. The design and appearance were also important in our choice. The highest setting can be noisy, but doesn't have to be on very long, as the fan works very well.
Date published: 2014-10-25
Rated 5 out of
The Broan hood fit our needs exactly! Great price, appearance and function!
Date published: 2014-10-24
Rated 1 out of
Looks great in photos; cheaply made and inconsistent operation
We built a home to replace the one that burned down in 2011. I'd seen such hoods in other homes and asked my local appliance store for a recommendation. This is the one they recommended and sold to me. First, the contractor installed it incorrectly because of poor instructions. Then the appliance store technician took over and bent the flimsy chimney during assembly. So he ordered another and it was bent in the box. Finally, he installed the fourth unit. At about a year old, one light cover fell out into food I was cooking. Then that light began to flicker and act as if it had a short. When it quit working all together, the other light began the same process. Now I have no lights. It seems impossible to extract the light housing in order to replace it. The fan does only an average job of ridding the area of smoke and grease. Cleaning the flue is always risky because it feels as if it will dent or fall apart at any moment. I regret buying this and installing it in my "dream home" every day.
Date published: 2014-06-03
Rated 1 out of
Looks good but….
My remodeling business specializes in kitchens. So we frequently install all types and qualities of range hoods. I rarely take time to write reviews, but I wasted so much time installing this hood for my customer, I figured why not invest some more time warning the next guy.
1. The instructions were full of all the usual warnings but very much lacking in useful advice to explain the intended methods of installation.
2. The design of the telescopic chimney was okay but something went wrong. It appears that the inner section should be just a little smaller than the outer section it slides inside of. This one was much smaller which caused gaps. It also appears that the inner section can only be held in place, within the outer section if the return legs on the back are trapped inside the return leg of the outer section. On this unit, there was a 3/8” difference so the two sections did not stay in alignment. I added blocks to the inner section to keep them in alignment.
3. The mounting bracket for the top of the chimney is flimsy and not at all forgiving of the inevitable imperfections of any drywall wall/ceiling corner. It includes a very poor description of how to assemble the 3-piece bracket and gives no dimension. Why?
4. Blocking requirements are not explained well in the information available on the website. Even if we had had the hood and instructions before drywall went in, understanding the blocking requirements would have been problematic.
5. Blocking should be called out for the lower set of holes as the position is fixed and thereby not suited to accommodate actual stud locations.
6. The attachment holes that do the bulk of the work are stamped (countersunk) to accept flat head screws but the instructions call out the provided pan head screws. Seems to me the best design would be flat holes and truss head screws so the final position and level can be tweaked before the protruding sheet metal holes bite into the wallboard.
7. And, as with EVERY manufacturer, the duct connection is ridiculous. How do you “Tape” metal duct to a hub that’s 5/8” long? Do these people EVER actually install anything? Put a shoulder and a tape hub on it so an installer can actually do as you ask.
8. The switches are crude and the switch plate slides every time you try to change speeds.
Date published: 2014-04-05
Rated 5 out of
It is elegant, quiet and powerful!
I bought this exhaust fan and installed it in my new kitchen in October. I love it! I cook every night and my house has no food smells when kitchen is clean. You wouldn't know it was on so it is nice to have conversations with quests while they sit in my kitchen. Light is bright over the stove and filters go right in the dishwasher to clean. I highly recommend it!
Date published: 2014-03-11
This fan will be mounted on an exterior wall. Does it come with a cap for the outside wall, to prevent cold air from entering home when not in use?
You must purchase an outside wall cap seperately.
Date published: 2013-10-26
Does the flue have to attach to the ceiling?
Hi,I have a tall, angled ceiling in my kitchen. I plan to vent externally through the side wall vs. the roof. Do I need to attach the flue to the ceiling even If the ductwork does not run to the ceiling?
Our contractor cut the stainless and ran a vent off the side (took 2 90-degree angles to vent it out the roof where we wanted it to go - the place it's installed in the kitchen has a room above it). But our vent goes sideways as you are describing about 8 inches from the top (hidden by cabinetry). It works fantastic; no problems.
Date published: 2013-10-23
Why won't the fan turn off?
The unit worked well for a few days after installation, but now the fan won't turn off. The cooktop is off and the room is cool, so there's no reason for the heat sentry to be kicking in.
Thank you for your question on the model number RM523604 range hood. Please contact our Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for assistance.
Date published: 2013-10-30
fan switch not operating correctly
My hood is just over 1 year old. The 3 speed motor switch for the fan now only operates on the highest speed setting. It feels loose. How can I correct this problem?
Thank you for your question on the model RM523604 range hood. It sounds like you may need a new control board, part number B08086279. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for assistance.
Date published: 2016-01-05
Can you send a picture under the hood to see what the knobs look like and where they're located
I would like to see a picture of under the hood to see where the knobs are located and what they look like.
Thank you for your question on the RM523604 range hood. We have the picture from the installation instructions attached for your convenience. The switches are under the front edge in the center of the range hood. If you need more assistance, please contact our Technical Support team directly at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2016-09-10