To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA™ Motion Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, extremely quiet operation and multi-speed capability. Best of all, they have the ability to know when they should be in the “normal” continuous ventilation mode and when they should kick up to the high speed mode to evacuate shower humidity or odors.
- 110 CFM quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ M, Motion Sensing Technology, offers a hands-free solution for maximum convenience. The fan will increase to maximum speed from the lower, continuous setting when motion is detected -- which is ideal for family members who forget to turn the fan on -- and will stay on the max setting for the user-set 5-60 minute period after no motion is detected, before falling back to the continuous setting
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial (adjustable from 5-60 minutes) is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||100 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.125"||N/A|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2018||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Grille Length||13-1/8" |
|Grille Width||14" |
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8" |
|Housing Height||7-5/8" |
|Housing Length||10-1/2" |
|Housing Width||11-3/8" |
|Light Bulb Quantity||N/A|
|Light Bulb Wattage||N/A|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||No|
|Lighting Type||No Light|
|Minimum construction space required||N/A|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight||12.0 lbs |
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||8.3|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
ZB110M is rated
Rated 5 out of
Great Broan Fan
This is a very nice Motion Sensor fan. Can't hear it run unless you are standing under it and it is quite. This is on the highest CFM's also. Has lots of adjustment to what you are needing. Little price but worth the money.
Date published: 2016-02-17
Mode Swith for ZB110
Can any standard on/off switch be used to change it from the high speed setting to the low speed setting or does it need to be some special switch.
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110M motion sensing two speed exhaust fan. The ZB110M uses three switches for the proper operation of all functions. One switch powers the unit. The second switch will power the motion sensor and the third switch is for manually switching to the high speed. All of these switches are normal wall switches.
Date published: 2013-10-23
Can the ZB110M actually turn off after set time or does it have to have low continuous flow?
The description states that the fan reverts to a low CFM after set time, but does not state if it could actually turn off after a set time.
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110M multi-speed exhaust fan with motion sensor. The ZB110M is designed to run constantly at a low speed (CFM). It normally would not be shut completely off unless you are cleaning or repairing the unit. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2015-02-25
Does the motion sensor bubble have an indicator light that lights up when motion is detected? If so, what color?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110M multi-speed exhaust fan with motion sensor. The motion sensor bubble does not have an indicator light in it. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance.
Date published: 2016-06-15
Will the motion sensor detect animals that come into the bathroom?
We have a cat litter box in our bathroom and would like the fan to detect the cat as it would a human.
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110M motion sensing multi-speed exhaust fan. The ZB110M should pick up motion from cats and dogs walking through the sensor area.
Date published: 2015-10-12
Both the ZB110M and the ZB110H seem to use special sensor switches. If they are special switches then what are the appropriate model numbers for associated switches.
Thank you for your question on the models ZB110M and ZB110H exhaust fans. The switches used with the ZB series of fans are all normal everyday wall switches. There is nothing special about them.
Date published: 2013-10-23