1 Additional Image

WC638Wall Cap for use with Range Hoods

  • Overview
  • Specifications
  • Reviews
  • Answers
  • Always use Broan brand parts that are designed to work with your specific range hood.

    • 3-1/4" x 14" wall cap for use with Broan Elite E661 and Broan EVOLUTION QP4 Series range hoods, (Service Part # SWC638)
  • WC638 is rated 5.0 out of 5 by 1.
    Rated 5 out of 5 by from worked great Vent came in on time and is now on the side of the home. Had the vent powder coated in the same as side of house. have not moved in yet. Hope it will last for lots of years.
    Date published: 2013-08-27
    • y_2018, m_1, d_11, h_10
    • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvrr, vn_bulk_2.0.3
    • cp_1, bvpage1
    • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_1
    • loc_en_US, sid_cfd34819-dc6c-47b8-9b66-eb4995b3e30d, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=FEATURED, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
    • clientName_broan
  • How do you install this? What materials do I need.

    Looking at installing one to my house. What do I need? I know I'll have to cut a bigger hole in our interior and exterior wall. Do I need additional materials to make sure my Broan Elite E661 seals to the Wall cap? Found out that my very old wall cap is too small. Thanks for reading. jt
    Asked by: jrjjon
    Thank you for your question on the model WC638 wall cap. To install the WC638, you will need a hole in your wall that measures 3-1/4” x 14”. The face of the wall cap has screw holes on the four corners for installation. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 if you need further assistance.
    Answered by: BroanCustomerService
    Date published: 2015-08-31

    Do I need ducting as well?

    I will be mounting this on an external wall, behind a QP430SS range hood. Will I need a short piece of ducting to connect the two through the wall opening?
    Asked by: ginosega
    Thank you for your question on the WC638 wall cap. Yes, you will need to be able to connect the hood duct work to this wall cap so you can properly vent your range hood to the outside. Should you have further questions, please contact our Technical Support Department directly at 800-637-1453.
    Answered by: BroanCustomerService
    Date published: 2017-01-23
    • y_2018, m_1, d_11, h_10CST
    • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_2.0.3
    • cp_1, bvpage1
    • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_2
    • loc_en_US, sid_cfd34819-dc6c-47b8-9b66-eb4995b3e30d, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LOCALE, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=FEATURED, direction=DESCENDING), SortEntry(order=NUM_ANSWERS, direction=DESCENDING)]
    • clientName_broan