To learn more about this revolutionary new product and how you can install it faster in new construction and retrofits, CLICK HERE.
BROAN ULTRA™ Motion Sensing Fans deliver everything you wished for in a bath fan – premium ventilation to help reduce airborne pollutants, ease of installation, energy efficiency, consistent power, extremely quiet operation and multi-speed capability. Best of all, they have the ability to know when they should be in the “normal” continuous ventilation mode and when they should kick up to the high speed mode to evacuate shower humidity or odors.
- 110 CFM quickly reduces humidity to prevent or eliminate fogged mirrors and manage moisture in bathrooms up to 100 square feet, so your vision will always be clear and your surroundings will always be comfortable
- ULTRASense™ M, Motion Sensing Technology, offers a hands-free solution for maximum convenience. The fan will increase to maximum speed from the lower, continuous setting when motion is detected -- which is ideal for family members who forget to turn the fan on -- and will stay on the max setting for the user-set 5-60 minute period after no motion is detected, before falling back to the continuous setting
- Multi-Speed operation handles demanding spot ventilation needs, but can also pull double-duty as a great continuous ventilation solution to meet today’s stringent requirements. Upon installation, a continuous CFM adjustment dial is set to precisely control the airflow for the size of your house – so you’ll enjoy a successful inspection and not over-ventilate. A timer dial (adjustable from 5-60 minutes) is set at the same time to control how long the fan runs at maximum CFM, before automatically returning to the lower continuous ventilation level – all after you leave the room
- ULTRALucent™ Lighting Technology provides 36 watt lights (two 18-watt bulbs included) delivering the brightness (measured in lumens) of models previously requiring 60 watts of CFL output – You get the best of both worlds; clear, even lighting with no hot spots and smaller energy bills
- ULTRASilent™ Sound Technology results in operation at less than 0.3 Sones – the quietest sound rating attainable -- for an environment that is so quiet, you’ll likely forget the fan is on
- ULTRAQuick™ Installation Technology uses an exclusive telescoping mounting frame with pre-installed screws, snap-in housing, snap-in blower and an inside-out mounting duct connector that are the fastest, easiest, most universal installation
- Retrofit installations can be done entirely from the room-side – no attic access required. This means a faster, easier installation, so you can move on to something else
- Unique telescoping mounting frame can be placed and fastened through drywall hole because it expands from 14” to 24” and fits any type of joist, I-Joist or truss construction for a “no guesswork” installation to make the work fast and easy
- Snap-in housing and blower further simplify installation since you can hear – and feel – when they are properly seated. Easy-to-position carriage allows housing location adjustment between joists so you can control the correct ceiling placement
- ULTRASmart™ DC Motor & Control Technology provides energy efficiency almost 10 times greater than ENERGY STAR® requirements and maintains rated power (CFM) in nearly every installation. You have confidence you’re getting the expected performance and won’t even notice the fan usage on your utility bill
- UL Listed for use over tubs and showers with a GFCI circuit; so you can capture the steam before it spreads throughout the room by locating your fan exactly where you need it the most
- Compatible with Radiation Damper RDFU which helps prevent flame and heat from spreading to other areas in multi-level buildings. In some cases an accessory wire jumper kit is required. This kit (model RDJUMPU) provides the additional lighting and sensing wire length necessary to bypass the damper
- Can be used to comply with ASHRAE 62.2 and CALGreen
Improving indoor air quality with ULTRA GREEN™ ventilation fans
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for Retrofit
ULTRA™ Series Testimonials
Broan ULTRA™ Series Ventilation Fan - Installation Video for New Construction
ULTRASMART™ DC Motor and Control Technology
ULTRASILENT™ with QStream™ Sound Technology
ULTRAQUICK™ Installation Technology
ULTRASENSE™ H Humidity Sensing Technology
ULTRASENSE™ M Motion Sensing Technology
Older Homes and Indoor Air Quality
Indoor Air Quality: Passions
Spot Ventilation Can Improve the Indoor Air Quality in Your Home
Indoor Air - Concerns For Healthy Living Environments - The Balancing Act® on Lifetime® Television
How Do I Prevent Mold Growth In Bathrooms? - Danny Lipford
Broan ULTRA PRO™ Series Bath & Ventilation Fans
How long can the venting for my bath vent be? Can I use flexible duct? - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Broan-NuTone Ventilation Fans Tip - Exhaust Fan Replacement Options - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts - Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Bath Exhaust Fan - Danny Lipford
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
How To Ventilate The Whole House - Danny Lipford
Selecting Proper Ventilation Fan Size is Easy - Danny Lipford
Evacuate the Bathroom
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation
Whole House Mechanical Ventilation (WHMV) Specifier
Code compliant solutions for one and two family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories
To better serve you in determining your customers’ whole house mechanical ventilation (otherwise known as continuous ventilation) needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our CodeKey Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Bathrooms up to (X) Square Feet||100 |
|CFM @ 0.10"||110|
|CFM @ 0.125"||N/A|
|CFM @ 0.25"||110|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||Yes|
|ENERGY STAR® Most Efficient 2017||Yes|
|Grille Finish||White Polymeric|
|Grille Length||13-1/8" |
|Grille Width||14" |
|Housing Dimension LxWxH||10-1/2" x 11-3/8" x 7-5/8" |
|Housing Height||7-5/8" |
|Housing Length||10-1/2" |
|Housing Width||11-3/8" |
|Light Bulb Quantity||2|
|Light Bulb Wattage||18|
|Light Bulb(s) Included||Yes|
|Minimum construction space required||2x8|
|Motor engineered for continuous operation||Yes|
|Product Weight||13.6 lbs |
|Rated Sones - Vertical||N/A|
|Sones 6" to 4" reducer||N/A|
|UL Listed for use over bathtubs or showers when connected to a GFCI circuit||Yes|
|Watts @ 0.1"||N/A|
|Watts @ 0.1" (Max CFM)||9.3|
|Watts @ 0.25"||N/A|
ZB110ML is rated
Rated 5 out of
product has great features and is streamline
The wife is 100% happy, that makes me the hero. Thus I am happy.
Date published: 2016-04-27
Rated 3 out of
Fan is ok
So got this fan and went to install it, new home construction.
I was surprised fan had about aprox 8 wires. If u got no electrical skills don't touch it! Before buying look at diagram and if don't get it don't buy it.
Lost of time could be spent on wiring.
Date published: 2015-05-05
Rated 5 out of
Well Worth the cost
I started with an Air-King bath fan at 80 CFM. It left humidity on the mirror & window. It was very difficult to attach the cover that goes on the ceiling & had some fan noise though acceptable. Dissatisfied with Air Kings performance, I ordered this model, at twice the money, expecting better performance. This fan is so quiet you cannot hear it run. I really can't tell if the motion sensor makes any difference as there is no noise during operation between 30 and 110 CFM. I could have saved a few dollars and ordered a model without the motion feature and light. The 110cfm does keep the mirror and window free of all humidity during the hottest of showers. And the problematic cover I had with the Air-King was never an issue with the Broan. This does require a 6" flexible duct which you need to move more air to keep the humidity out of the bath. I did not order a roof vent and 6" insulated duct along with my bathroom fan. I should have known, I would not find insulated 6" duct or proper size roof vent locally. This is American made and worth every dollar for its excellent operation and ease of installation.
Date published: 2013-09-12
does motion sensor turn on light in addition to fan?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110ML motion sensing multi speed exhaust fan/light/night light. The motion sensor is designed to only operate with the exhaust fan. It will not operate the light.
Date published: 2016-02-10
Wiring Diagram for ZB80ML and 77DV (or P77DV)
Hi, I am trying to wire a ZB80ML up to a 77DV swtich and am having a little problem. Is there a wiring diagram on your website that has this specific design? The issue I am running into is that on the ZB80ML I have an extra black wire coming from the fan that I am not sure where it needs to be connected to on the 77DV switch so that both the auto setting and manual on setting work properly.
Thank you for your question on the model ZB80ML multi speed exhaust fan/light. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for assistance.
Date published: 2013-10-23
Can I re-wire the Broan ZB110ML light?
If I internally re-wire the Broan ZB110ML so that the sensor operates the light as well as the fan, will it work reliably? That is, can the sensor supply enough current to run the light along with the fan??
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110ML multi-speed, motion sensing exhaust fan/light/night light. The unit can be wired so the motion sensor will operate the light and fan together. The installation instructions show this wiring configuration.
Date published: 2015-03-09
What is the footprint of the motion sensor on a 10 foot ceiling?
What is the footprint of the motion sensor on a 10 foot ceiling? I want to install over the center of a walk in shower but do not want the motion sensor to pick up movement outside of the shower. Example when you walk into the bathroom I do not want the fan to come on but walk into the shower sensor to turn the fan on.
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110ML motion sensing multi-speed exhaust fan/light/night light. The only information we have on a footprint is for an eight foot ceiling height installation. At eight foot high, the footprint will be eight foot in diameter at the floor. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2015-06-19
Does the fan keep running ALL the time (whether it is at high or low speed)? How can I switch OFF the fan completely when not needed?
1. Does the fan keep running ALL the time (whether it is at high or low speed)?
2. How can I switch OFF the fan completely (NOT run at low speed) when it is not needed?
Thank you for your question on the model ZB110ML motion sensing, multi-speed exhaust fan/light/night light. The ZB110ML is designed to run at low speed continuously. This would be controlled by the master switch. If the master switch is turned off, the fan will not work at all. The master switch needs to be on for the sensor control and the manual override fan switch to work. Please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453 for further assistance.
Date published: 2014-04-16