- Professional style that fits under any cabinet. True professional style and performance has never been easier to bring home with the E64000 range hoods, in 10" under-cabinet versions. Styling is fresh and modern, yet designed to easily complement popular pro-style cooking products. These models come with integrated internal blowers or dedicated external blower capability. Both embody professional features such as powerful blowers, baffle filters, brilliant halogen lighting and variable speed controls. And while you won’t see this feature it is hard to miss the quiet operation—two Sones or less at normal speed. To carry the professional theme even further, select the optional stainless steel backsplash with adjustable shelving. When you want professional style and performance, trust BROAN to cover every detail.
- 10" under-cabinet design
- Brushed stainless steel finish
- 600 CFM internal blower is included on all internal models (E64), 1200 CFM on "T" models
- Dedicated models (E64E) in all widths for use with external blower options—choice of eight, from 280–1500 CFM (Blowers sold separately)
- Bright halogen lighting; Two 50-watt bulbs
(purchase bulbs separately)
- Pro-style, dishwasher-safe baffle filters with removable grease drip rail
- Variable speed control remembers last setting—blue power-on indicator light: Heat Sentry™ detects excessive heat and adjusts blower speed automatically
- Designed to work with BROAN automatic make-up air dampers: MD6T MD8T
- Designed to duct out of the hood shell in either horizontal or vertical direction with internal blowers. External blowers duct vertically
First Time Homeowner 5: Kitchen Renovation, Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford
Cleaning a Range Hood Filter – Danny Lipford
Proper Use of a Range Hood- Danny Lipford
How to Ventilate the Whole House
Proper Ventilation Equals A Healthy Home - Danny Lipford
What are CFMs? - Danny Lipford
Range Hood & Ventilation Fans Tip - Check Terminations of Ventilation Ducts
How do I determine the size of the range hood I need? - Danny Lipford
Is there any regular maintenance needed on my range hood? - Danny Lipford
Does an Over the Range microwave provide adequate Capture? - Danny Lipford
Give Your Kitchen a 72-Hour Facelift with Danny Lipford
Island Range Hoods for Kitchen Upgrades - Danny Lipford
Importance of a Range Hood for Indoor Air Quality
Kitchen Renovation Includes Adding Range Hood with Danny Lipford
Can I install a range hood without venting it? - Danny Lipford
Broan Universal Make-Up Air Damper
Residential Kitchen Make-Up Air Webinar September 24, 2013
Keep your kitchen clear of smoke and fumes. Don't neglect ventilation when remodeling your kitchen, ConsumerReports.org
Cook with a gas stove? You could be breathing polluted air, study says, Los Angeles Times
Using gas stoves with no hood may expose many to air pollution, UPI Health News
Breathe Easy – What you need to know to ensure proper home ventilation, K+BB
5 Kitchen Renovation Goofs To Avoid, Consumer Reports
Clearing the Air, K+BB
The Kitchen as a Pollution Hazard
Fixing Stove Hoods To Keep Pollution Out Of The Kitchen
Range Hood Make-Up Air Specifier
Code compliant make-up air solutions for domestic range hoods in family dwelling units
To help you determine your make-up air needs, Broan-NuTone has developed this on-line tool. With our Make-Up Air Specifier you can be confident that the products you choose will meet the latest codes and regulations and satisfy the home’s needs. Use this tool to make your specification job easier.
Let’s get started by selecting the state where the dwelling unit will be located. CLICK HERE
|Accommodates Ceiling Height||N/A|
|Blower Air Mover Type||Centrifugal Blower|
|Control Feature Filter Reminder||No|
|Delay Shut Off||No|
|Dishwasher Safe Filters||Yes|
|Duct Connector Size||10" Round|
|ENERGY STAR® certified product||No|
|Filter Type||Stainless Steel Baffle|
|Flue Accommodates ceilings up to xx ft||N/A|
|Heat Sentry - Temperature Sensor||Yes|
|Light Bulb Quantity||3|
|Light Bulbs Included||No|
|Max Sones/100 CFM||0.6|
|Minimum Height Above Cook Top||24"|
|Mounting Type||Under Cabinet|
|Product Depth (inches)||22"|
|Product Height (inches)||10"|
|Product Width (inches)||42"|
|Sones Certified Horizontal Rectangular High||N/A|
|Sones Certified Horizontal Rectangular Low||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Rectangular High||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Rectangular Low||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Round High||N/A|
|Sones Certified Vertical Round Low||N/A|
|Switch Control Settings||Variable|
|Switch Style||Rotary Dial|
E64E42SS is rated
Rated 5 out of
Great piece of equipment!
I love the simple yet effective design. I only wish there were a larger drip catcher on one side.
Date published: 2013-08-21
Rated 4 out of
I like all features of this product except for noise level at highest speed.
I like the look and the product's simple and easy to use features. I especially like how the filtres are easy to remove and to clean. The only negative aspect is the loud noise when fan operates at the highest speed. I always have it on the second highest speed.
Date published: 2013-02-21
Rated 5 out of
Just what I needed
Perfect for my 5-burner gas range with great lighting and effective fans. Fan screens are cleaned in the dishwasher, and I'm glad i made the investment in this vent.
Date published: 2013-02-20
Can LED lights be substituted for the halogen bulbs?
Thank you for your question on the E64E36SS range hood. We recommend that you use only the type of bulb recommended for your range hood. Using a replacement LED bulb will not void the warranty; however we cannot guarantee the operation or life of the LED bulbs. Due to higher heat generated by cooking, the lifespan of the bulb could be greatly shortened. Improper controls for the LED bulb can also cause flickering on low light settings or even no light at all. Sometimes the LED replacement may not shut off, staying on at a very low level even when the light switch is off.
Date published: 2017-01-19
Why is minimum height above cooktop 24"?
Usual guideline from elsewhere is between 18 and 30. 24 seems to be on higher side.
Thank you for your question on the model E64E30SS range hood. Our engineers have taken into consideration the amount of CFM the range hood has, along with the size and shape of the range hood, to come up with the optimum distance the hood should be above the range.
Date published: 2013-10-23
What is the exact length on this model for cut-out? Is it exactly 36 inches or less?
Thank you for your question on the model E64E36SS range hood. The E64E36SS is designed to fit underneath a standard 36 inch cabinet. It will measure between 35-3/4 inches and 35-7/8 inches.
Date published: 2016-01-26
What is the minimum size duct I can reduce to?
I have a 5' run to the outside wall can I reduce down to a 6" duct?
This range hood is made to be used with an external or in-line blower unit. Since this is the case, 10" round duct is the minimum duct size that is recommended, with the exception of the HLB3 (280cfm). If the HLB3 is used, the minimum size is 8" round. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact our technical support group at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2014-06-20
How do I remove the filters from my Broan Elite range hood to run them through my dishwasher?
Thank you for your question on the model E64E36SS range hood. To remove the filters you would grasp the handles and push up towards the front of the hood and swing the bottom of the filter out towards the front. For further assistance please contact the Technical Service Department at 800-637-1453.
Date published: 2013-10-23